Thursday, January 12, 2006

Thursday Thirteen (#2)


Thirteen of COURTNEY'S Pet Peeves!



1. When people don't return their cart to the cart return in the parking lot

2. Telemarketers

3. People with a "Holier than thou" attitude

4. Mean/rude people

5. When someone blows their nose in their napkin at the dinner table. Ewww...get up and go to the other room please!

6. When people walk down the middle of the parking lot (or street) and don’t move when a car comes.

7. Psyco parents at kids sporting events. I have always been shocked & appalled by this. I can't believe how they yell & carry on, jumping up & down, screaming, getting mad, etc. COME ON! It is ridiculous. Kids should be having fun, not being yelled at & ridiculed by parents (their own or other parents). The only yelling going on should be cheering and encouraging!

8. Cigarette smoke

9. When people litter

10. When people slow down, or worse yet STOP, at the end of the on-ramp onto the highway. Hello?! You need to be accelerating on the on-ramp up to the speed of the traffic you’re entering in order to merge safely!

11. People and groups who are so extreme in their beliefs that they expect everyone else to follow them too and they spend time & energy trying to force their beliefs on others, and criticizing everyone, making a big deal out of minor things, etc. Mind your own damn business and stop worrying about other people's lives & choices in life. Live and let live!

12. When I get mail addressed to “Mr. Courtney...” and “Dear Sir”. I am female.

13. People who think being rich or having material things will make their life better.

Links to other Thursday Thirteens!
1. Kdubs

2. Suz

3. Running2ks

4. Karen

5. Kelly

6. Wendy

7. Janne

8. Uisce

9. Chickadee

10. Norma

11. Lazy Daisy

12. Holly

13. Veronika

14. Katherine

15. Ms.Crystal

16. Ginger

17. Renee

18. IvoryFrog

19. Dariana

20. Interstellarlass

21. Squashed Toad

22. Richard

23. Kimmy and Jacob

24. (Post a comment with your link and I'll add you here)

Get the Thursday Thirteen code here!


The purpose of the meme is to get to know everyone who participates a little bit better every Thursday. Visiting fellow Thirteeners is encouraged! If you participate, leave the link to your Thirteen in others comments. It’s easy, and fun! Be sure to update your Thirteen with links that are left for you, as well! I will link to everyone who participates and leaves a link to their 13 things. Trackbacks, pings, comment links accepted!



24 comments:

monica said...

I am right there with you on everything but Courtney. I just hate gettin ghtings in my OLD married name. BLAK!

Suz said...

Happy TT, I have to agree with you on all of those.

Thanks for the comment on mine.

Suz
http://goinons.blogspot.com/

Running2Ks said...

Amen, amen, and AMEN!!!!

Yeah. What you said!

My 13 are up :)

Karen said...

Holy cow, this could be MY list!! Good one! I have to confess, I've been one of those annoying people who blow their nose at the table. I KNOW, it's gross, but it's better than dripping into my food. *grin*

My TT is up!
http://take2max.com/blog/?p=93

Kelly said...

I absolutely agree with every one of those!

Happy Thursday!
Mine are up.
Diary of the Nello

WendyWings said...

Great list Mr Courtney ( kidding, kidding)
Thanks for stopping by TT earlier , your link is now added.

Janne said...

The blowing the nose at the table thing and the cigarette smoke are at the very top of my list too. Ugh

We've recently moved to Florida where smoking inside a public building is illegal, and my asthmatic daughter hasn't needed a single breathing treatment since moving here. Coincidence? I think not.

Uisce said...

Oh, and not only do they not return the cart, they leave it just a few feet from the cart return thingy place!! Grrrr!! :) My list is up!

Chickadee said...

LOL. Yup, we have a lot of the same pet peeves. I especially hate the people who don't know how to merge with highway traffic. And people who drive 55-60mph in the fast lane. Argh.

My 13 are up.

http://www.danno.org/blogs

Norma said...

A good list--you'll have lots of company for these.

Thanks for stoppying by.

Lazy Daisy said...

Great list....I can readily agree with all of them. Thanks for visiting my site earlier.

Holly said...

Ah... great list! I agree with each and every one.

You're right... you and me got lot's in common. I'll be back once I get caught up on all the 13's to spend more time gettin' to know your blog self.

Veronika said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Veronika said...

Oops. I deleted my comment. My bad!
#12 happens to me a lot!
My 13

Katherine said...

Love your thirteen - totally agree with you!

Ms.Crystal said...

Great TT!!!!
I have the issue with people stopping to get onto the highway..When did a yeild become a stop sign....
Thanks For Stopping by

Ginger said...

OMG - I hate it when shopping carts are randomly placed too.. and when people blow their noses at the table.. it GROSSES me out. Huge.

Nice 13. I did mine too.

Renee said...

Amen sista! I'm so there with you...only you forgot this one...

People stopping in the middle of an eisle to talk, totally blocking the whole eisle.

Thanks for coming by http://lillyput.blogspot.com today

ivoryfrog said...

great list!
I agree with them all. :-)
Thank you for visiting my blog - I am linking your 13 now, a bit late (its friday morning here) but I woke up and I had like 10 more comments than I did last time I looked...lol
Take Care
Ivoryfrog x

ladydaria said...

Not sure why, but my site held your TT comment in the que so I just discovered it this morning. Thanks for coming by and happy belated TT! :-)

I hate telemareters sooooooooo bad that I bought a TeleZapper and it completely stops them cold! I love it.

Almost An Angel
http://daridonovan.net/blog/

InterstellarLass said...

Yeah! Who the heck stops on an on-ramp! Those people deserve to have their licenses taken away.

My 13 are up!

SquashedToad said...

I love your list! I totally agree with, well, pretty much all of it! #3, #7, and #10 are my biggestest pet peeves.

Thanks for stopping by. :)

Richard said...

Dear Sir,
This TT thing has come to our attention, Mr. Courtney. ;-)

Kimmy said...

I agree with every single one! (And I hate receiving ads to enlarge my penis...I don't have one to enlarge. Wasn't "Kimmy" a big giveaway!)

My 13 are up
http://kimmyandjacob.blogspot.com