Thursday, January 19, 2006

Thursday Thirteen (#3)


Thirteen Quotes Courtney Likes

Yes, I'm one of those people who likes quotes,
and here are 13 (of the hundreds of) quotes I like:

1. "Life is not a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming– "Wow– what a trip!"


2. "It is good to have an end to journey towards, but it is the journey that matters in the end."
-Ursula K. LeGuin

3. "Life is 10% what you make it, and 90% how you take it."


4. "Life may not be the party we hoped for, but while we're here, we might as well dance."
-unknown


5. "We do not stop playing because we grow old, we grow old because we stop playing"

6. "Those who say it cannot be done, should not interrupt the person doing it"
-Chinese proverb

7. "And the day came when the risk to remain tight in a bud was more painful than the risk it took to blossom." -Anais Nin

8. "It's not the years in your life that count. It's the life in your years."
-Abraham Lincoln


9. "In three words I can sum up everything I've learned about life: it goes on."
-Robert Frost


10. "A journey of a thousand miles begins with a single step"
-Chinese proverb

11. "The real challenge is to be yourself in a world that is trying to make you like everyone else" -Unknown

12. "To the world you might just be one person, but to one person you just might be the world"

13. "We spend the first two years of our children’s lives teaching them to walk and talk, and the next 16 telling them to sit down and shut up!"


Links to other Thursday Thirteens!
1. Kimmy and Jacob
2. Uisce
3. Veronika

4. Frog legs (Melissa)

5. interstellarlass

6. Goofy Girl

7. Norma

8. Dariana

9. Kelly

10. Wendy

11. Kdubs

12. Suz

13. Petite Mommy

14. lisa

15. Karen

16. Ginger

17. Better Safe Than Sorry

18. Owl Haven

19. Richard

20. Bone

21. Adam

22. Renee

23. Lazy Daisy

24. Janne

26. Chris

27. Laura

(Add a comment and I'll link you here)

Get the Thursday Thirteen code here!


The purpose of the meme is to get to know everyone who participates a little bit better every Thursday. Visiting fellow Thirteeners is encouraged! If you participate, leave the link to your Thirteen in others comments. It’s easy, and fun! Be sure to update your Thirteen with links that are left for you, as well!




31 comments:

Kimmy said...

This is a populare idea this week. I love quotes...I can never have too many!

They're up!

Uisce said...

What an excellent list! All of it! And especially #8 for my poor doggy we lost last month.

Petite Mom Blogger said...

My favorites are #7, #11, and #12..oh I love quotes too...no Thursday Thirteen for me yet..I havent quite gotten into it...maybe I should...still deciding...Anyway, found you via Kdubs

Veronika said...

Ha ha! I like #3 and #13 especially.
:)

Courtney said...

I didn't realize any others had done quotes for their TT this week, but now as I'm starting to read them, I'm seeing that. Oops!

FrogLegs said...

I love quotes too!! I started one this morning... Gosh, I was struggling.. I'll have to jot down these- I have a book of quotes!

InterstellarLass said...

Great quotes! I've heart #1 before and think it's hilarious.

My final 13 are up!

Goofy Girl said...

What great quotes! I like #5

Your 10 acres sounds wonderful...!

Norma said...

That #13 is a hoot. A great list, and I'm always looking for quotes to use on my site.

Thanks for visiting my TT on popcorn.

ladydaria said...

Oh, I love quotes too! Your list is right up my alley, lol. Happy TT and thanks for coming by earlier!

Almost An Angel
http://daridonovan.net/blog/

Kelly said...

Love the quotes!

Happy Thursday!
Mine are up.
Diary of the Nello

WendyWings said...

I love quotes list.
Thanks for stopping by my list earlier.

My TT list

monica said...

OH we have so much in common!!!

Suz said...

What a great list, I love quotes and there are some there I will have to write down that I havent heard of before.

Happy TT

Hugs Suz
http://goinons.blogspot.com/

Petite Mom Blogger said...

I finally did it..my thirteen are up!

Lisa said...

I like 2 and 10 the best. Awesome list!

My 13 are up!

Karen said...

Ooooo, LOVE 6, 9, 11, 12 and especially 13! Good ones!

My 13 are up.
http://take2max.com/blog/?p=121

Harmonia said...

Cool! ANother Scrapbook-a-holic! YAY! Swing by my place when you have time:
http://harmonia.blogsome.com

Ginger said...

I like #8!

Better Safe Than Sorry said...

i love that last one!!!
my youngest daughter's name is courtney, spelt your way.
i'm playing this week too.

owlhaven said...

I LOVE #1!!!!!!!! I'd heard it before but forgot it. I am writing it down!
Thanks for visiting me!

Richard said...

I like #8. Good old Abe!

Play Technorati TagMan.

Bone said...

I like those, esp. #6! For real!

I like quotes. Sometimes I'll thumb thru quote books in the bookstore, or spend awhile reading quotes online.

Here are my 13.

Adam Graham said...

My Thursday Thirteen is up.

http://www.adamsweb.us/blog/index.php/a/2006/01/19/thirteen_projects_i_ve_procrastinated_on

Renee said...

Love those quotes about life. but the last one is a real hoot! Of course no one tells their baby to "shut up" anymore...unless she's interupting you on the phone. ;o)

my list: http://lillyput.blogspot.com

Lazy Daisy said...

I collect quotes...loved your..especially the first one. Thanks for coming by, same time next Thursday?cvv

Karin said...

Great quotes!

Chickadee said...

OMG, I can TOTALLY relate to #11. That is my biggest challenge in life right now.

I am soooo behind reading my TT13s. I hate that. My 13 are up.

http://www.danno.org/blogs

Janne said...

My favorite quote is: "The mighty oak was once a little nut that stood its ground." :)

Chris said...

Came here by way of Suz's blog. Love the quotes! Come by for a visit. Here's my TT:
http://itsallaboutmeithink.blogspot.com/2006/01/thirteen-things-about-me-1.html#links

Laura said...

I love quotes too.
My fAvorite is: "Life is not measured by the breaths we take, but by the moments that take our breath away."
I'm new to the T13.
here's mine this week.
http://adventuresinjuggling.blogspot.com/2006/01/mean-mommys-thursday-thirteen.html