Thursday, January 26, 2006

Thursday Thirteen (#4)

Thursday Thirteen

Thirteen National Parks Courtney has been to,
enjoyed
, and recommends!


1. Grand Teton National Park (Wyoming)

2. Grand Canyon National Park (Arizona)

3. Mount Rainier & Olympic National Parks (Washington)

4. Cumberland Gap National Park (Kentucky)

5. Arches National Park (Utah)

6. Badlands National Park (South Dakota)

7. Crater Lake National Park (Oregon)

8. Great Smoky Mountains National Park (Tennessee)

9. Rocky Mountain National Park (Colorado)

10. Yellowstone National Park (Wyoming)

11. Mammoth Cave National Park (Kentucky)

I went on the Wild Cave Tour which was awesome! (Free-climbing cave walls; lengthy crawls through areas as tight as 9 inches high; walking in a crouched position; hand and knee crawls over jagged rocks and dirt; crawling through wet areas; twisting into and out of tight crawlway openings).

12. Mesa Verde National Park (Colorado)

13. Glacier National Park (Montana)



Links to other Thursday Thirteens!
1. Frog Legs

2. Karen

3. Gabrielle

4. Uisce

5. Janne

6. Dariana

7. D

8. Wendywings

9. Owlhaven

10. Renee

11. Better Safe Than Sorry

12. Suz

13. Mama B

14. Lisa

15. Jen

16. Kelly

17. Laura

18. Ms. Crystal

19. Chickadee

20. Anna

21. Norma

22. Get the Thursday Thirteen code here!


The purpose of the meme is to get to know everyone who participates a little bit better every Thursday. Visiting fellow Thirteeners is encouraged! If you participate, leave the link to your Thirteen in others comments. It’s easy, and fun! Be sure to update your Thirteen with links that are left for you, as well! I will link to everyone who participates and leaves a link to their 13 things. Trackbacks, pings, comment links accepted!



25 comments:

FrogLegs said...

Great list! I've been to some- and THE ARCHES is *AWESOME* We're going back Memorial Day weekend again to stay for a week. I'll have to give my mom your link- she loves parks too! Mine are up!

Karen said...

That's quite a list! You have way more energy than I do. *grin*

I need to get out of Missouri more. Thanks for the great links!

Mine are up
http://take2max.com/blog/?p=140

I said...

Great list, wish I could visit at least one of them when I'd a chance to go to the US someday :)

My 13.

Uisce said...

this is a great list, and my parents recently got back from a tour of national parks and they said that all of us kids have to go and do it. so I guess I'd better! My 13 are up!

Janne said...

Fun! I love the Smoky Mountains!

http://www.homeschoolblogger.com/Janne

ladydaria said...

Awesome list. I have also been to most of these but my fave would have to be the Great Smoky Mountains and Cades Cove area in Tennessee at Gatlinburg/Pigeon Forge. Happy TT!

Dariana
http://daridonovan.net/blog/

"D" said...

You have been some serious places girl! What fun! Thanks for visiting me and commenting... your a treasure!

WendyWings said...

Wow you sure have traveled around a lot. Great list, I doubt I will ever see any of these places :)
My TT list

owlhaven said...

fun list! Mine are up!

Mary

Renee said...

I've only done two of those so far...done a few you don't have listed though.

Thanks for stopping by fefyfomanna: thursday thirteen...the comment whore one ;o) today.
About your question...it was gonna be about the boys I dated in HighSchool and how one weekend there were a different guy for each night and another weekend there were 3 guys on one night...nothing happened though.

Better Safe Than Sorry said...

i've never even heard of most of those, i would love to see the grand canyon one day.
i'm doing the 13 this week too.

Suz said...

Happy TT

Love your list, You sure have been to a lot of parks. I have been to 9 and 12 on your list.

Hugs Suz
http://goinons.blogspot.com/

Mama B said...

I've been to the Grand Canyon and Glacier National Park. Both were absolutely breathtaking!!!

Lisa said...

WOW! I haven't been to that many National Parks, but they all sound beautiful...well except the caves. I'm claustrophobic and just reading about 9" clearances gave me a panic attack.

My 13 are up

Jen said...

What a cool list! And most of them are (sort of) near me! I've been to 5, 9 and 12.

Thanks for stopping by my blog, I'll go link you up!

Kelly said...

Okay...
So you've been to a lot of places huh?

ps. sorry about your Grandpa. No words can really give comfort... but I totally understand.

Happy Thursday!
Mine are up.
Diary of the Nello

Kelly said...

Okay... I'm embarassed now. I thought I was on someone else's site and I got all confused... (you know KDubs by any chance? her Grandpa just passed.)
Sorry!
What I was going to say for yours was this: Your wordless wednesday picture .... an attention getter? No?

sorry again for the mixup.
I feel so.... sooo....
DUMB!

Laura said...

cool list. I'm jealous.
my list is up

Ms.Crystal said...

The only once of them I have not been to was Mammoth because when I was in Americorps I did a whole lot of trail work in the National Park system and I love them all also...Except Arches in the winter..

monica said...

Oh that's excellent. I love to TRAVEL.

Laura said...

I forgot....girl you must come to my backyard, Yosemite!

Chickadee said...

I've been to Rocky Mtn and Grand Canyon Nat'l Park. I LOVED LOVED LOVED the Grand Canyon.

I hope to be able to go to Mt. Ranier and Olympic parks this summer.

Thanks for stopping by!

http://www.danno.org/blogs

Caryn said...

Great Idea for a list. I live five miles away from Arches and about half an hour from Canyonlands, so I go there all the time. (Insert smug grin here.) But it sounds like you get in your share of national park visitations as well.

My thirteen are up. Since I moved from Blogger, they are actually located at http://wordplay.lastpromise.com

Norma said...

What an inspiring list. We were at Glacier in 2003 during all the forest fires. We could hardly see a thing! So we bought a book and DVD! Post-trip arm chair travellers.

Thanks for visiting my TT.

Nicole said...

Great list! I've been to the Great Smokey Mountains but that's about it. Maybe one of these days I'll get out of the southeast US! lol Hope you had a happy TT! Nicole (The Girl Next Door @ http://jsutthegirlenxtdoor.net/blog )