Thursday, March 16, 2006

Thursday Thirteen

Thirteen gifts I received from family/friends at my "surprise" 30th birthday party this past weekend.
1. A pink metal bucket filled with all sorts of things: candle, lotion, body wash, hand soap, champagne glasses, sparkling grape juice, and the book Chicken Soup for the Girlfriend's Soul.
2. Money
3. Wal-Mart gift card
4. Shell gift card (definitely handy considering gas prices are so high!)
5. Purple spaghetti strap silky nightgown
6. Silver & blue cylinder box with bath gift set inside
7. Earrings
8. Creative Memories fancy square maker
9. Creative Memories gift certificate, which I used to buy THIS and pages to go with it.
10. Bluebird Windchimes
11. A round yellow duck pillow (not sure why?! LOL)
12. A couple weeks ago I got several new shirts and a new pair of jeans, which was my gift from Joe.
13. With some of my birthday money, I'm buying THIS and THIS and THIS for myself. Not sure what else yet.


Links to other Thursday Thirteens!
(leave your link in comments, I’ll add you here!)

Uisce

Melissa
Kimmy and Jacob

Kdubs

Jade



Get the Thursday Thirteen code here!


The purpose of the meme is to get to know everyone who participates a little bit better every Thursday. Visiting fellow Thirteeners is encouraged! If you participate, leave the link to your Thirteen in others comments. It’s easy, and fun! Be sure to update your Thirteen with links that are left for you, as well! I will link to everyone who participates and leaves a link to their 13 things. Trackbacks, pings, comment links accepted!



26 comments:

FrogLegs said...

Look at your loot! I thought the nightie would be from Joe-- but I guess not, LOL!

Courtney said...

LOL! The nightie was actually from Joe's parents. LOL Guess they're trying to make sure we keep the spark alive! heehee. Actually, the duck pillow was from them too...I don't get that part though? I wonder if that was supposed to be for the boys? Who knows!

stacey said...

I love getting bath stuff and gift cards. It sounds like you raked it in!
My TT is up.

Undercover Angel said...

Happy Birthday! My Thursday 13 is up!

ladydaria said...

Oh oh, I want #1. Thats my kind of gift. Happy TT, thanks for dropping by.

Dariana
http://daridonovan.net/blog/

Master Enigma said...

The nightgown sounds nice. No one can ever complain about gift cards! Happy late Birthday!

my 13 is up at http://akaenigma.blogspot.com/

Lisa said...

Oooh...sounds nice!

Thanks for stopping by my 13!

d.challener roe said...

#2 and books would be my dream birthday.

My 13 are up.

used*to*be*me* said...

Great list! and thanks for stopping by. my list will be up shortly. I am stuck on #10!

Kelly said...

LOL! at the Bill Cosby himself!
I have that on VHS!!! I know. Who has VHS still? ME!!!

Happy Thursday!
Mine are up.
Diary of the Nello

Petite Mom Blogger said...

wow...you got lots of goodies! I didnt do the TT but thought I'd drop by anyway...

mar said...

Oh, lovely gifts, I specially like the champagne glasses. Have to wear that purple silky nightgown to use them the first time! I love Bill Cosby too! my TT is up, but you know that already

Karen said...

Wowsiers! Sounds like you made out like a bandit!

I'll have to use this list as an example for my family and friends. *grin*

"Hey guys! Look at all the goodies this gal got for her birthday! Sure would be nice to get this kind of stuff for mmyy birthday..."

Too obvious? lol

Norma said...

I hope there was lots of ice cream and cake. Sounds like a great party. As my eye scanned your list, I skipped part of a sentence and went back--thought you said you got purple spaghetti. Ha. Ha.

Thanks for stopping by my TT.

Denise said...

Very nice giftage! (I wonder if that's even a word.)

Thanks for stopping by my 13!

Lena said...

You spoiled girl! ;)

Great Amazon choices - especially Five For Fighting.

And I STILL laugh at Bill saying the kid looked like a glazed donut - ewwww!

Remember to USE your scrapbooking supplies ;). I know you do. I'm intimidated :|

Kimmy said...

Great birthday gifts. See... 30 isn't so bad ;)

Toby Keith... Jacob loves him. Has all his cds. Bill Cosby Himself... I can seriously quote the entire thing word for word. No joke. I used to watch it over and over (shocker!) when I was a kid. I used to his routine constantly for my friends and sisters.

"Dad is great..." totally doing the look and move with my imaginary fork :p

Mama B said...

Happy Happy Birthday to you!!! It looks like you made out!! #2 is always good!

Kimmy said...

Oh, the autolink code is here!

Chickadee said...

Happy Birthday! Gift cards are awesome! I have that Toby Keith CD...it's pretty good. I also like the pink bucket gift...that' was a good idea.

Thanks for visiting my 13.

http://www.danno.org/blogs

jeni said...

WOW!! you made out like a bandit!! WOOHOO!! congrats on all the loot & a happy belated birthday! :)

happy TT! :)

WendyWings said...

Wow you totally cleaned up, way to go you !!
MY TT is up ( I decided to start up again now I have autolinks lol)

Caryn said...

Happy thirtieth! What fun. I've never had a surprise party. And my thirtieth is coming up in June. Hmmm...At any rate, looks like you got some great stuff!

Caryn

Holly said...

Happy belated birthday! Ya got some good stuff...

monica said...

Oh I'm so glad you had a rad bday sweetheart! You deserve it. Those are great gifts...

Cheers to you,
Kdubs

Katherine said...

Nice gifts! You have such great friends and family. You'll have to let us know when you wear the nightie, lol