Friday, November 17, 2006

Contemplating Black Friday

I cannot believe there are only 5 weeks left until Christmas! OMG! I am pretty much done with the Christmas shopping for everyone on my side of the family, but not Joe's side. We don't even draw names on Joe's side until after Thanksgiving. So, can't do anything for that yet.

So, those who have been around know that I do not like shopping. Well I hate crowds even more. So, you would think that I would know better than to even LOOK at the Black Friday preview lists which involve shopping and MEGA crowds! I hate it. I cringe at even the thought of it. But dammit, there are some GREAT deals! I remember a couple years ago when I gave in and went to Toys R Us on Black Friday...OMG! I have never seen anything like it before! I got there at 5:15am, and the line was already to the door. When you walked in, you were at the end of the line. You just had to just jump in line first thing and look at things as you got to them in the line, because the line wrapped in and out of every aisle of the store. It was INSANE.

And here I am, two years later, and the crazy thoughts are entering my head again. Should I or shouldn't I? I REALLY do NOT want to, but there are 8 things on the Wal-Mart Black Friday list that I really want/need at a GOOD price. 1 thing at Toys R Us, and 5 things at Target too. UGH!!! I can't even believe I'm considering this. I will NOT got to all 3, but I'm leaning towards going to Wal-Mart at 5am, since there are 8 things there. I know I will be totally stressed out and flustered if I go, I H-A-T-E crowds, I can't stand people in my way when I'm trying to walk through a store. I avoid Wal-Mart on weekends because of the crowds, and now I'm thinking about purposely going there on *the* busiest day with the biggest crowds of all. What is wrong with me?! Well, I guess I have a week to decide.

What about you- are you venturing out on Black Friday?

6 comments:

Katherine said...

I would avoid BF like the plague! But, I don't have a lot of kids to buy for either. If you feel brave enough to do it - go for it and may the force be with you!

Melzie said...

heck no I won't be there! Well, cause everything is an hour away, we're due for a big storm this week, and.. well... everything is normally still there in teh evening. :)

Uisce said...

My wife and I really dislike crowds. We've started doing a little bit of shopping and with any luck we'll be able to avoid the malls and other crowded places. Oh what a joyous time of year! :/

Veronika said...

No, thank you! I'm with you - I can't stand shopping either.
:)

Chaotic Mom said...

I go out every Black Friday with a huge cuppa joe and WATCH the shoppers. I don't sleep much, and this gives me something to do. I've actually seen fights in parking lots. VERY silly shoppers, eh?

Hey, Black Friday is MY Bday this year. ;)

Briana said...

So did you go? I will not do that. It's not worth the stress to me!