|You Have a Phlegmatic Temperament|
Mild mannered and laid back, you take life at a slow pace.
You are very consistent - both in emotions and actions.
You tend to absorb set backs easily. You are cool and collected.
It is difficult to offend you. You can remain composed and unemotional.
You are a great friend and lover. You don't demand much of others.
While you are quiet, you have a subtle wit that your friends know well.
At your worst, you are lazy and unwilling to work at anything.
You often get stuck in a rut, without aspirations or dreams.
You can get too dependent on others, setting yourself up for abandonment.
Tuesday, January 31, 2006
So, anyway, Adam did good at the new place yesterday! The lady said he is going to fit in just fine there. One of the older kids there said Adam played with the same musical car toy the entire day! LOL Joe dropped him off today, and said he had a harder time. Adam cried when Joe left today. But that's to be expected for the first several days. I can't wait to find out how he did the rest of the day when I pick him up tonight.
I must say, I am already liking the fact that I no longer have to take both boys to and from daycare every morning! With the location of Adam's new place, it makes more sense for Joe to take Adam, and I will continue to take Brendan until he starts Kindergarten. The noise level has lowered significantly in my suv in the mornings! lol Not that Adam is loud, but usually Brendan is much louder when Adam is in the car than when it's just him. I could get used to this!
Monday, January 30, 2006
Click here for Running2Ks blog
Trackbacks, pings, and comment links are accepted and encouraged!
View More Monday Memories Participants
Friday, January 27, 2006
We do the Blockbuster online thing, and the movie that was recently sent to us was The Muppet Movie. I put it on for the boys, and wow talk about a trip down memory lane. I used to watch that movie every year on tv when I was a kid. As soon as Kermit started singing "Rainbow Connection" I was instantly transported back to childhood. Then "Moving Right Along" came on and I have had that song stuck in my mind ever since. lol I got a big kick out of watching my boys watch this movie that I use to love when I was a kid. I sat down and watched it with them. It was a nice, brief break from reality and adulthood.
Thursday, January 26, 2006
Thirteen National Parks Courtney has been to,
2. Grand Canyon National Park (Arizona)
4. Cumberland Gap National Park (Kentucky)
5. Arches National Park (Utah)
6. Badlands National Park (South Dakota)
7. Crater Lake National Park (Oregon)
8. Great Smoky Mountains National Park (Tennessee)
9. Rocky Mountain National Park (Colorado)
10. Yellowstone National Park (Wyoming)
11. Mammoth Cave National Park (Kentucky)
I went on the Wild Cave Tour which was awesome! (Free-climbing cave walls; lengthy crawls through areas as tight as 9 inches high; walking in a crouched position; hand and knee crawls over jagged rocks and dirt; crawling through wet areas; twisting into and out of tight crawlway openings).
12. Mesa Verde National Park (Colorado)
13. Glacier National Park (Montana)
13. Mama B
18. Ms. Crystal
22. Get the Thursday Thirteen code here!
Wednesday, January 25, 2006
Tuesday, January 24, 2006
January 24 is Belly Laugh Day!
Smile and laugh as much as you can today!!!
Live Life to the "Funnest"
Create Family Fun and Laughter
Join the January 24, Belly LaughBounce 'Round the World: On January 24, Belly Laugh Day at 1:24 p.m. smile, throw your arms in the air and laugh out loud.
“The silliness of today is the fond memory of tomorrow. The gifts of being human, equal, real and vulnerable with your children are greater than anything you can purchase.”Joseph Michelli, Ph.D.author of Humor, Play & Laughter: Stress-Proofing Life with Your Kids
When is the last time you laughed so hard you couldn't stop? (this always seems to happen to me at the worst times LOL)
If you're at home with your kids today (or even if you're not) - I challenge you to celebrate Belly Laugh Day in some way. Let us know what you did!
Monday, January 23, 2006
Did you know that today, January 23, is National Pie Day? (did you care? lol) Every year at work the lady in my office who works with the seniors does a National Pie Day gathering, where they all bring in a pie and everyone chows down. I'm stuck at work late tonight, so I guess leftover pie is my dinner tonight. lol
What's your favorite kind of pie? (besides *that* kind LOL) I'd have to say apple, blueberry, and key lime pie are my favorites.
So in honor of National Pie Day...go get yourself some pie! ;)
4 jobs you have had in your life
1. Buffet girl at Ponderosa Steakhouse
2. Waitress at Perkins (worst job ever!) and Ryan’s too
3. Child care worker at a daycare center
4. Recreation Specialist (for 7 years and counting)
4 Movies You Could Watch Over and Over
1. Shawshank Redemption
2. The Incredibles
3. Finding Nemo
4. Legends of the Fall? maybe? I'm having a hard time coming up with these.
4 Places You Have Lived
1. I was conceived in Canada while my parents were there on vacation LOL
2. New Hampshire
4 Shows You Love To Watch
1. Desperate Housewives
2. Grey’s Anatomy
4 Places You Have Been on Vacation
2. Grand Teton Mountains
3. Grand Canyon
4. Too many to list- I’ve been to all 48 continental states
4 Websites You Visit Daily
4 Of Your Favorite Foods
1. Real mashed potatoes
3. Chinese (esp. chicken fried rice)
4. hot wings and beer
4 Places You Would Rather Be Right Now
1. The mountains
2. Anywhere on vacation
4. Sitting around a campfire drinking with hubby & friends
4 Bloggers You Are Tagging
Like Carolyn said, If you are reading this, have a blog, and haven't done it, consider yourself tagged!
Friday, January 20, 2006
So, yesterday I had a flat tire. Yes I do know how to change a flat tire, and yes I am capable of it. But I still asked if he would change it. He did. No problem. He was going to run it by Wal-Mart to have it replaced on his way home. He didn't. So he said he'd do it today. No problem, I don't mind driving on the spare for a day (it's a real tire, so it's okay). Well, this morning, as I'm rushing to get out the door with both boys, he tells me I need to take my tire into Wal-Mart and drop it off and get it replaced. Ummm...yeah. That's not happening. I remind him that he said he would do it. (after all, it is right along his way to work AND he doesn't have 2 little boys in the car with him! He can drop the tire off on his way to work and pick up on his way home.) He was annoyed by this! Did I miss something here? Yes, of course I *could* do it, but it would be so much easier for him. After everything else that I do on a daily basis, to me this is something that he should do. And I think most guys would volunteer to do this for their wife, wouldn't they? I said, "well, since I do practically everything else, you can do the "guy-type-jobs" when you can...it should be my reward for doing everything else." Am I wrong? Am I asking too much? I just don't understand him sometimes. In my opinion, I shouldn't have to even ask. And he's annoyed with me?
Thursday, January 19, 2006
Yes, I'm one of those people who likes quotes,
1. "Life is not a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming– "Wow– what a trip!"
3. "Life is 10% what you make it, and 90% how you take it."
6. "Those who say it cannot be done, should not interrupt the person doing it"
7. "And the day came when the risk to remain tight in a bud was more painful than the risk it took to blossom." -Anais Nin
8. "It's not the years in your life that count. It's the life in your years."
11. "The real challenge is to be yourself in a world that is trying to make you like everyone else" -Unknown
12. "To the world you might just be one person, but to one person you just might be the world"
6. Goofy Girl
13. Petite Mommy
18. Owl Haven
23. Lazy Daisy
(Add a comment and I'll link you here)
Get the Thursday Thirteen code here!
View More Thursday Thirteen Participants
Wednesday, January 18, 2006
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
Brendan has also become quite the joke teller lately. He always wants to tell jokes to me in the car. Thing is...they don't make any sense! lol He doesn't quite understand the concept of a punch line. It's still cute though. Jokes such as:
"Because it fell on an elephant!"
(Get it?! No, me neither)
"Mommy, say Brendan who?"
(silence, as I'm totally confused at this point)
"Mommy, say Door who?"
(and on and on making no sense whatsoever)
"Why did the chicken cross the road?"
"Because he has a nest"
And they go on & on like that, he can belt them out one right after the other for the entire 25 minute drive home every evening! LOL
Tuesday, January 17, 2006
Monday we looked at another home daycare to move Adam to, but we've decided to move him to the first one we looked at last week instead. She was so much more affordable, and both places seemed to have about the same type of "average day" for the kids. They both provide breakfast, lunch, and snacks. The more expensive one is in a better neighborhood, but the less expensive one isn't in a *bad* neighborhood. So, we figure we can save a lot more money by going with the first lady. In fact, by going to the first lady we will save $340 per month compared to what we've been paying for him at the daycare center he currently goes to! That's a big difference! And that money can go towards the addition we're hoping to add on to our house. That will help a lot!
Once again, I'm back in a "blah" mood, and can't think of anything exciting or fun to say.
Friday, January 13, 2006
Just curious, what some of you all did for your 30th? Or do you have any ideas? Maybe it will spark some ideas for me.
An Average Girl
You are the all american girl. You goal in life is
just to find that special someone. You are
very simple and tend to follow trends. You love
to be with your closest friends and just have a
What kind of Girl are You? (With Pics)
brought to you by Quizilla
My mom is home from the hospital after having her knee replacement surgery. She sounded good on the phone! Sounds like things are going okay so far. My grandma & step grandfather have been staying with her all week to help her get around. I'll be going there on Saturday afternoon and staying with her until Sunday evening.
I'm looking forward to Monday. We get off work for Martin Luther King Jr day, and daycare is open. I have so much I need to do around the house, I'm hoping to be able to be very productive with those precious few hours without the boys there.
Well, I'm feeling kinda blah and boring today, so I'll end for now. lol
Thursday, January 12, 2006
11. Lazy Daisy
21. Squashed Toad
23. Kimmy and Jacob
24. (Post a comment with your link and I'll add you here)
Get the Thursday Thirteen code here!
Wednesday, January 11, 2006
Color-me-clean Tub Paints
½ cup liquid hand soap, clear or white
1 teaspoon cornstarch
Time needed: Under 1 Hour
1. Combine the soap and cornstarch in a small bowl.
2. Divide the mixture into separate containers, then add food coloring one drop at a time.
Caution: Test the paints on a small area of your tub or wall first to make sure they won't leave a stain; darker hues may be more difficult to wash off.
Tips: Apply to tub and body with fingers or paintbrushes. Use bathroom cleanser to clean the tub if any color remains. Keep any leftover paints in airtight containers in the refrigerator for up to three days.
Originally published in FamilyFun magazine.
This first one is actually a blog. Wow! Check out all the really cool cupcakes! If you ever need any cute, creative ideas for cupcakes to bring into your kid's school or for a party or whatever, check this out. This person has pictures and step-by-step directions for tons of really cute cupcakes: http://kidscupcakes.blogspot.com/
The other site is one that most people probably already know about, but that I didn't. lol It is http://www.kidshealth.org Great resource with tons and tons of info, articles, links, you name it to all sorts of topics for young kids, teens, and parents. If you didn't already know about it, you might want to check it out.
Tuesday, January 10, 2006
Everyone is challenged to join in Annual De-Lurking Week! Everyone who just peeks at blogs and doesn't comment, this is your call to leave a comment on the blogs you read. (Or those of you who do leave comments, visit a new blog and comment). Even if it's just to say hi and let other bloggers know you're there.
Join in Annual De-Lurking Week. I don't know how to make buttons, so like some others, I'm borrowing this already made button below:
Monday, January 09, 2006
(not sure if these are considered all that weird, but it's all that came to mind right now!)
1. I am a deodorant freak! I put on deodorant at least 5-7 times a day...no kidding. I don't know why or when this "obsession" started, but it's just something I do. I put deodorant on right after my shower in the morning before I dry my hair, then put it on again when I get dressed, then sometimes again after I do all the other getting ready before I head out the door. Then I have deodorant I keep in my cabinet in my office at work, and I put it on at least once or twice during the day at work. Then when I get home, I sometimes put deodorant on again when I change into my comfy clothes for around the house. And then I also usually put it on one final time before climbing into bed for the night. LOL Crazy, I know, and I really don't know why I do that, I just do. I'm so afraid of having B.O. and don't trust the deodorant to work all day long, I guess!
2. I love real oranges, but can't stand orange juice or anything orange flavored.
3. I like to drive barefoot.
4. I don't like cheesecake, mayonaise, sour cream, cream cheese, ketchup, chocolate pudding or chocolate icecream. (things most people love! I don't think that's "weird", but I get lots of weird looks when I tell people I don't like these).
5. I'm a little bit non-stereotypical female: I don't like shopping, I don't even own a purse, I've never in my life had a manicure or pedicure, I'd rather drink beer than "girly" drinks, I did not have big dreams all my life of my wedding like people always say little girls do, diamonds are not my best friend nor is any jewelry (I have some basics in jewelry but I don't really care about having jewelry in general), I don't like the color pink or anything frilly, I would never go after a man for his money, I don't care about having all the latest trends, I refuse to buy overly expensive clothing or jewelry or anything material like that...there are so many other things I'd rather do with my money, I don't like to talk on the phone, I don't care what the celebrities are doing, I have no desire to go to big cities, Fancy restaurants do not interest me, I don't really like mushy romance books or movies, I don't need a lot of foreplay, and basically anything you hear someone say is "every woman's dream" does not apply to me. LOL
Tag you're it!
Friday, January 06, 2006
Joe just called me at work from his work to tell me there's a possibility he might be sent to Colorado for some training on larval fish. I am so excited! We could turn this into a vacation if all goes well! I LOVE mountains. I like Wyoming even better, but hey I'll take Colorado!!! Mountains are my favorite...I'd rather go to the mountains than the beach any day. So I am REALLY hoping that this all works out and he gets to go, so that I can go too! It is SO hard to get Joe to go on a trip, and I love to travel, so this would be great. He's not sure when it would be, but he thinks it would be somewhat fairly soon, maybe in a few months. I'm trying not to get too excited, in case it doesn't work out, but I'm keeping my fingers crossed!
Thursday, January 05, 2006
The purpose of the meme is to get to know everyone who participates a little bit better every Thursday. Visiting fellow Thirteeners is encouraged! If you participate, leave the link to your Thirteen in others comments. It’s easy, and fun! Be sure to update your Thirteen with links that are left for you, as well! I will link to everyone who participates and leaves a link to their 13 things. Trackbacks, pings, comment links accepted!
View More Thursday Thirteen Participants
I'm really glad the surgery went well, but the concerns are not all over yet. My mom has Multiple Sclerosis, and any trauma, such as surgery, can cause a major set-back and worsening of her MS symptoms. I'm really worried about that. This past year she has gotten noticeably worse anyway, and I really hope that the surgery didn't cause too much further harm. Only time will tell, I guess. I'm trying to think positively and think good thoughts and pray for her, that's all I can really do.
Tuesday, January 03, 2006
Then later after Adam went to bed and Brendan was playing in his room, we watched
The Longest Yard (we do that Blockbuster online thing similar to Netflix) We both liked The Longest Yard! Good movie :) And WOW, tons of HUGE men in that movie! Just when you think the guys are huge, you see another one even bigger. Oh, and a few days ago we watched March of the Penguins with Brendan. That was good too, and I learned something. After watching that, I'm convinced that I'm so glad that I'm NOT a penguin! lol
Sunday, January 01, 2006
HAPPY NEW YEAR EVERYONE!!!
Well, here it is 2006! Last night I worked at the First Night event in the children's area. Luckily the children's area closes down at 10pm, so after cleaning up and driving home, I made it in time to be at home when midnight came. (Only about 25 minutes to spare, but I *did* make it). The boys were already in bed. We didn't really do anything, except watch the countdown on tv and have a glass of champagne. We were both so exhausted we went to bed about 15 minutes later. Today Joe is working, so it's just me and the little ones hanging out at home today. (They are watching Veggie Tales right now, so I actually was able to sneak in a few minutes on the computer!)
Here's hoping for a happy, healthy 2006 for all!