Saturday, April 11, 2009

Visiting the Capitol Building


We've been busy with several things lately, including trying to help Brendan finish up a bunch of Cub Scout requirements for his Wolf Badge, Arrow Points, belt loops, etc. One requirement was to "visit an important place". So, since we are not too far from Jefferson City, and the Capitol Building definitely qualifies as "an important place" we decided to take the boys there last Sunday. It was a chilly and rainy day, but ended up being a pretty good little family day out. Brendan and Adam actually enjoyed it more than I expected.




Joe and I have both been to the Capitol before, but it has been a long time. I know we went there as a school fieldtrip when I was a kid, but I'm not sure if I've even been there since then. The inside is neat, especially up around the ceiling area.





Here are the boys standing in front of the Governor's office:


We looked through the museum there too.



This was just one of many requirements Brendan has been working on. He should be receiving his Wolf Badge and Arrow Points very soon!

No comments: