Tuesday, May 22, 2007

Can they DO that?!!!

Considering the way the school year started, (with very little communication and information and still not knowing what time the bus would arrive until the first day, etc) I guess it is only fitting that it would end this way. The last day of school was supposed to be this Friday. (originally it was Wednesday, but after snow days and such it got pushed back to Friday). So, for the last several months it has been set and on the calendar as Friday being the last day.
Yesterday they sent home the school newsletter, and at the top it says Calendar Update. And goes on to say that the last day of school is THURSDAY and that Thursday will be a HALF day! And they are changing this NOW?! And giving us 3 DAYS notice?! Hello! Working mom here! I had not planned any care for Brendan for Friday or Thursday afternoon because he was supposed to be in SCHOOL! So now, here it is Tuesday and suddenly he only has 1 more full day of school left. Ugh! I'm just wondering how many parents didn't even read the newsletter! Something as important of a change as that should have AT THE VERY LEAST had it's own separate notice on brightly colored paper, not just another item on a newsletter! Geez! Thank goodness I took the time to read it, or Brendan would have been dropped off on Thursday and been alone for hours until I got home from work!

Can they do that?! Just change something like that with only a couple days notice?! Well, I guess they can, since they DID. Crazy. Guess I'll have a "helper" at work Friday. Grrrr.

6 comments:

MaR said...

Oh, no! That would drive me crazy!!! You have every reason to be upset, but as you said: they did it, so it must be "legal"...

Kelli said...

They really shouldn't do that. I mean what about all the parents who work who are not allowed to have "helpers" at work? I'd be pretty upset. Probably upset enough to call the school and ask how long they knew when the last day would be. Sorry. I'm getting mad at them FOR you and I don't even know you. :) Hope it all works out and that next year there's a better plan. Have a great time with your "helper." :)

Shortie said...

THat makes no sense, how can they do that?????

Kat said...

That stinks! our school board here is really good about not doing stuff like that. I bet the kids are happy.lol

Marcia (MeeAugraphie) said...

It bears parents speaking up about it so it is not repeated. . . There is NO excuse for that, NO excuse.

MommyMommy said...

I am sure he will love being mommys helper, your boss on the other hand might not!