Monday, May 14, 2007

Mothers' Day

Okay, so after Joe bombed out on my birthday (and various other special occassions over the years) and I vented about it, I have to give equal treatment and point out the good things he does too! lol One of the mornings while he was out of town last week I got in my car, there was this black cord thing hanging down from my visor. I was like, what the heck is falling apart now, and when I pulled my visor down I saw what it was. Joe had an early Mother's Day card for me along with a really cool glass necklace (black cord was the necklace). He must have put it in there before he left. A guy at his work makes these necklaces and other various glass things, and he was telling me about them the other day. So I knew he was probably going to get me one, but he did surprise me with the way he gave it to me :) So I just had to brag on him a little :)

Then he got home Friday afternoon, so I was able to go to the scrapbooking crop on Mother's Day. And Joe did great this Mothers' Day! lol In addition to leaving the necklace & card, he also made me breakfast on Mothers' Day morning and he and the boys brought it up to me in bed. That was around 6:30 or 7am, would have been nice to sleep a little more first, but oh well. lol The boys were up and Joe knew he needed to do it fast so that I wouldn't get up and tend to the boys. I could hear them and knew what was up, so it wasn't really a surprise, but it was still nice. I just stayed in bed and waited so I wouldn't ruin what they were trying to do. Brendan had made me a little bowl/pinch pot thing in art class for me too.

The night before I had asked Joe if I could leave him a list of things to do while I was gone at the crop Sunday, and to my surprise he said "Sure!". So I made him a little list of things that I've been asking/wanting fixed around the house for a long time but they always take the back burner and don't get done. I also put on the list to make dinner, and to give the boys a bath and put them to bed so that I could watch the Survivor Finale show without missing parts. He did everything on the list (even cleaned off his nightstand which has been piled high and messy for at least 2 years now!) except for one thing, and that was because he didn't have something he needed for it. So, I was totally impressed with him, considering the bombed birthday and other past special occassions. lol

How was everyone else's mother's day?

4 comments:

Christy said...

Hi Courtney! I found you through THe Lazy Organizer today. I really like your blog, and I'm glad to hear that your Hubby was so helpful while you were out scrapping!!

I have never been to a big crop before, what's that like?

Briana said...

Wow, what a great hubby! He sounds like he really did good for Mothers day! Yay and you got to scrapbook!

Courtney said...

Christy- crops are great. This one is a monthly one that I go to the 2nd Sunday of the month. There are about 8-10 of us that are usually there, so it's not a huge one, but it is fun. Sometimes it is just nice to get away and have conversations with other adults. Hey- I tried to click on your name but it isn't taking me to your blog. I'd like to return the visit, but don't know how to get to your blog. If you read this, can you let me know the URL for your blog?

Courtney said...

Briana- he *did* do really good for mother's day, especially compared to some other occassions. And yes, it was nice to get away to scrap w/ some friends for a little while too! :)