Tuesday, November 13, 2007

Our Newest "Little Ones"

The kitties are here! The kitties are here! (If you missed the story of what happened to them and how we came about adopting them, click here). I had forgotten what it was like to have little kittens in the house! lol Wow, I didn't go to sleep until 2:30am when I finally had to put them in the bathroom with a litter box, food and water and close the door. The one wasn't a problem, but the other one is a little wild man. He could not stay off of us while we tried to sleep. If he would just lay down at our feet it would be fine, but he insisted on walking up to our faces, on our pillows, drinking my cup of water, trying to get under the covers with us, pouncing on our feet, etc, etc. It's times like this that I really wish our bedroom had a door! lol (it's a loft with no door so the kitties can just walk right up the stairs and have full access to us). The one kitty stayed in the basement for most of the time, Adam scared him with his excitement I guess. lol

They are both ADORABLE though! Such cute little furrballs. I am enjoying them, and the boys love them. Joe likes them too I'm sure. We still haven't named them yet. I had a whole list (3 pages long) of pairs of names that go together, but none of them really seem to fit them. I had almost settled on Rocky & Rambo, but I don't know. I'm starting to think maybe we should just name them normal names instead of names that are a "pair". We also have another outdoor cat that was a stray and ended up sticking around. His name is Ollie (started out as Ali, as we thought he was a she at first. lol). So, do we try to make the kittens' names go with Ollie? That's kinda difficult. Although the funny thought of Ollie, Wally & Doodle did come up (you know the line from the song...Ollie, Wally, Doodle all the day...) lol But, I just can't picture calling one of the kittens "Doodle". By itself it sounds weird. heehee. So then I thought maybe we will just stick with the "O" theme, and just name them names starting with O. In which case I was thinking of Otis & Ozzie for the new kittens. But I'm not 100% convinced yet.

Anyway, here they are! Aren't they adorable?! I can't believe any human being could have possibly tied them up in a trashbag and thrown them away! That just disgusts me. Thank goodness they are safe and have a home now :)



1 comment:

Carolyn F said...

Awwww... babies are so much fun! Get a squirt bottle full of water for etiquette lessons LOL.