Wednesday, March 12, 2008

Almost birthday time...

We had fun at the comedy show last Friday. The comedians were pretty good. Eric O'Shea had us laughing so hard in the first 5 minutes of his part of the show that we could hardly breathe and my stomach muscles hurt from laughing. Luckily his whole act wasn't *that* funny so I did get a chance to breathe and drink my beer. Don't get me wrong, he was funny the whole time, just not as intensely funny throughout. He gave us a few breaks to breathe here and there.
And of course, we were seated at the front and center of the stage, thank goodness neither of the comedians that night picked on the front row people like some do.

The rest of the weekend went fine. We survived the basketball game, Pinewood Derby and school carnival. This was Brendan's first Pinewood Derby, we learned a lot. We will do better next year. lol At the school carnival we won an unlimited ride one-day ticket to an indoor family fun center that is located about an hour or so from our house, so that will be a fun little day trip some day soon.

This week I am gearing up for turning 32. My birthday is Friday (the 14th). Usually I am super excited about my birthday, this year I just don't have that excited anticipation anymore. Haven't decided what all I want to do yet. I'm leaning towards just having all of us go see Horton Hears a Who as a family, and maybe go eat at the Chinese buffet or something easy like that. The boys are still young enough that it makes doing anything a potential disaster if they do not behave. So, I figure as kid-friendly as possible will save me some stress over if they are being noisy or annoying to other people. Plus, I have to admit I have a soft spot for certain Dr. Seuss books, Horton Hears a Who being one of them. I have fond memories of my mom reading them to me over and over when I was a kid. Sometimes she would get so tickled over parts of the stories (in particular in the Grinch, the line "and he puzzled and puzzled til his puzzler was sore" would get her tickled frequently). So, even though it is a kid movie, I wouldn't mind us seeing it as a family for my b-day.

Then over my birthday weekend I'm hoping that Joe will be my handy man and work on some things *I* want done around the house. They always seem to take a backseat to his woodcutting and truck & chainsaw fixing (and cartoon watching and Bookworm Adventures playing, and book reading, etc). heehee.

I was supposed to be going to someone's house for a Bunco night on Saturday, but it got canceled because she couldn't get enough players. I've never played Bunco before, but I have been wanting to learn and thought it would be fun to get together with some ladies once a month, but oh well.

Except for Brendan's basketball game on Saturday morning, we don't have any other obligations of places we have to be, so I'm hoping for a productive weekend at home...and a clean house (hint, hint if you're reading Joe! lol)

If I don't make it back online before then, hope you all have a wonderful weekend!

No comments: