Thursday, August 07, 2008

Backyard Challenge

Okay, so it has taken me awhile, but I'm finally doing the backyard challenge that I saw on The Hoyt Family blog The idea was for people to post photos of their yard.

We live on 10 wooded acres, so it was hard for me to decide what to include as part of our "yard". lol Anyway, here's a very abbreviated look at ours...

Some of our flowers (I am horrible, I don't even know what these are called- they are left from the previous owner. Very pretty though, huh?).




Here's part of our yard, with the tree swing and the swingset/clubhouse.

The wood pile.


The path leading from the edge of our yard into the rest of our woods.


Fresh deer track in a muddy part of the path on the way to our creek.

At the end of the path is our part of the creek.



Adam thought this would be a good skipping rock because it is flat, but he could barely lift it, let alone skip it on the water. lol

So, that is a brief "tour" of our yard/property. I pass this challenge on to anyone else that wants to do it. If you do, let me know so I can come see your pictures!

5 comments:

The Hoyt Family said...

Wow I would kill for your acreage!! I love private secluded houses with big yards.. Maybe someday I will get it... LOL Great pictures!!!!

Colleen - Mommy Always Wins said...

I would ♥ to have a yard like that! I think we live on .15 acres. No lie! Great pics.

ExtraordinaryMommy said...

What amazing property! So secluded and full of places to create family memories!

Danielle
www.extraordinarymommy.com/blog

MamaGeek @ Works For Us said...

THAT is a beautiful yard! I would love such a large lot!

Peggy said...

VERY VERY cool! I love it! The best part is no neighbors getting into your business. Did that sound mean? :)