Thursday, July 21, 2005

HOT, HOT, HOT!

OMG it is soooo hot! Today and the next 4 days we're supposed to have highs in the 100's with up to 115 heat index! I do not like heat. Adam does not handle heat well either. This will be an indoor weekend for sure! Hmmm...need to think of something for Brendan to do this weekend.

Joe will be working Saturday, so once again I don't think I will get anything I need to do accomplished. Last night Joe worked late again. Their work day ended up being 4:00pm-1:00am yesterday. But it scared me to death because he had told me he thought they'd be done at 10pm. Next thing I know I'm waking up at 1:00am and he's still not there. I called his office (yes, at 1am) because I didn't know what else to do. He called me back about 5 minutes later and said they just got back from the river (he works on the river for about 3/4 of his job). So, about 1:30am or so he finally got home. This morning I had to skip my workout because Joe needed to sleep, so I needed to feed Adam, get both boys up & dressed, etc. Normally I exercise from 5:15-6am before getting ready for work. As I'm getting the boys out the door to take them to daycare Brendan is upset and saying that Daddy didn't come in and give him a kiss last night. I told him that Daddy got home very late, and he gave him a kiss while he was sleeping. Then Brendan asked if Daddy was going to pick him up from daycare today. No, daddy very rarely picks him up from daycare. I reminded Brendan that Daddy will be at work. Brendan whines "NOOOOO I don't want Daddy to work again, I want Daddy to come home". What do I say to that. Brendan is obviously missing time with Daddy again. I'm not the only one being affected. *sigh*

I'm trying to hang in there, because NEXT weekend I will finally get a little break! My mom, sister, and I started a yearly tradition of going 1 weekend a year to a cabin for a girls weekend. This is what we do instead of getting each other birthday gifts. We all 3 love to scrapbook, and we all 3 work & hardly have time, so that is our weekend to relax and scrapbook together! No interupptions, no responsibilities, just time together to eat, drink, hang-out, talk, laugh, and scrap! I cannot wait!!! I need this break so badly. Wish it was this weekend, but surely I can hang in there 1 more week.

No comments: