Friday, August 05, 2005

Happiness Goals!

"A woman is about as happy as she makes up her mind to be."

Got an email from my friend who sells Mary Kay, and this quote was at the bottom of the ad in the email. Pretty good timing for that quote to be delivered to me, since this is the exact concept I've been working on. Overall I've been feeling much better. Yesterday I had a little backslide and felt irritable & cranky, and today I feel so tired, but most days these last couple weeks have been good.

My weekend away with my sister & mom last weekend was good. We talked a lot, ate a lot, and worked on our scrapbooks. It was a nice little break from reality. I only finished 18 pages.

This weekend I once again hope to get some decluttering done. But if it doesn't work out & I don't have time, I'm going to try not to get upset. I hope to re-write my FLYlady routines, and work on menu planning too. I want some more healthy meals to make. I've been doing really well these last 3 days eating more healthy than I have been. Lots of fruit & veggies throughout the day at work instead of snack food, but I need more ideas for dinners. I would like to cut out soda completely, but I still seem to end up having 1 a day. There was a period of 2 years back in high school that I did not drink a single soda! But ever since college I have become addicted. Was a Mountain Dew addiction for many years, then I tried to go to diet & Diet Dr Pepper was the only diet soda I could stand, so that became my addiction. But I now have a new addiction: Sugar-Free Red Bull! I drink one every morning on my way to work. Sometimes I'll have 1 more in the afternoon at work in place of when I use to drink a soda. But, I haven't cut the soda out completely, as the last 2 days I've had a Mountain Dew w/ dinner. I need to just make up a pitcher of ice tea w/ Splenda instead of sugar & drink on that instead, but I keep forgetting!

Oh well, lots of little goals to work on I guess. At least the exercising is a habit. I get up around 5am every week day morning still to do my exercise. Now if I can get the better eating habits down as a habit too the rest of the baby fat should melt right off, right?! That would make me SOOO happy! Joe keeps insisting that I'm not fat and that I look good now. I hope he really thinks that. But even so, I need to lose at least 15 lbs before I will feel comfortable w/ myself again. Really I'd like to lose 30 more lbs, but I'll take 15. I think I could fit back in my size 8 clothes if I lost the 15 lbs or so.

Okay, I guess I just need to write down my little goals so I can be constantly reminded & brainwashed. heehee. So, let's see...I'll write some goals below & see how I do & update my blog as to whether I actually follow these!

1. Stop drinking soda
2. Drink 7 glasses of water a day
3. Plan & eat healthier dinners to include more salmon, chicken, turkey, & veggies/fruits
4. Continue to replace snacky food with fruits/veggies while at work (today is day 3 of doing this!)
5. Make & drink ice tea (& green tea) w/ Splenda instead of sugary drinks & soda.
6. Remember to take multi-vitamin every night
7. Continue to exercise every week day morning (like I have been for the last few months)
8. Re-write & follow FLY routines (morning & before bed routines & basic weekly plan)
9. Work on my patience with Brendan, Adam, & Joe!

Okay, now lets see if I can work on these & be successful!

I'm determined to change things for the sake of my happiness! I WILL be a happy person again. I will change the things that I can, and not stress about the things I can't change. The things I'm not happy with that I can't change, I'll just have to change my attitude about. That reminds me of another favorite quote I need to remember:
"Life is 10% what you make it, and 90% how you take it."

And then there's a line out of the song "Something More" by Sugarland that goes...
"Some believe in destiny and some believe in fate. But I believe that happiness is something we create."

1 comment:

Carolyn F said...

I'm reading -- glad to see things on the upswing!