Monday, June 18, 2007

Busy weeks, Catching Up, & Tagged!

Things have been kinda busy lately. After the chaotic first day of summer school, everything has been fine with that. Brendan is enjoying it, and we haven't missed the bus or gotten off at the wrong stop any more! lol

Swimming lessons started up again last Monday. This session meets every night for 8 nights. It's good in that it gets it over with and doesn't drag out week after week. But, it is very annoying having to drive him back into town every night, and getting home kinda late, etc. On top of that, he has Tae Kwon Do on Thursdays, and I've been having to cover for one of my part-time staff on Thursday nights as well, so we are rushing around from one thing to another, and no time to drop him back off at home. So, he ends up coming with me and we don't get home until after 10pm those nights. Then I had to work an activity Sat night. I haven't been able to keep up with all the daily things at home that I normally would do in the evenings, like dishes, laundry, cleaning, etc. Our house is a mess! Ugh! This week we do it all again. But next week it will drop back down to just work all day, summer school and the Tae Kwon Do for Brendan, and extra work on Thursday nights. So at least that will be better.

Oh, and so far on my 4-weeks of WW, I've lost 9.6 lbs :) Would have been more if I hadn't have eaten all those snacks while my mom, sister and I were on our annual scrapbooking weekend in the cabin the weekend before last! But even that week I didn't gain anything, still lost 0.2 lbs that week. lol Thursday is my next weigh-in and I'm hopeful that I'll break the 10 lb mark. At this rate I'll finally be back to what I was before kid #2 by August, but I know things will slow down too, so I'm not gonna get my hopes up too much for it to happen that soon. I'm not aiming to get down to what I was before kid #1, that was too skinny for my height. But I am aiming to get down where I was in between kids, which was right where I should be for my height (5' 8").

I'll write about Father's Day later today when I can upload some pictures to go with it :)

For now, Carolyn has tagged me, so here goes...

These are the rules.... each player starts with 7 random facts about themselves on their Blog. People who are tagged need to blog 7 facts about themselves and post the rules as well. At the end of their blog list 7 people you are tagging. Let them know that they are tagged by leaving them a comment.

Here are 7 random facts about me you may or may not know:

1) I don't know how to ride a bike! I can ride a dirt bike type bike, but if it has any gears, speeds, etc, forget it! I never learned how to work those things. Joe tried to teach me once, but I was about 6 months pregnant at the time...not a good idea. lol I've just never really had an interest in riding bikes.

2) I love to drive barefoot. First thing I do when I get in the car is slip my shoes off to drive. This started in high school when we used to go on float (canoe) trips and camping trips all the time and I'd jump in my truck with my swimsuit on and drive back from the river. It became a habit.

3) I tried out for and made an All-Star Dance Team and danced in the half-time show of the Hall of Fame Bowl on New Years day in Florida back in the 90's. There were dancers from all over the US, I really am not sure how or why I made it. Although I could do a mean high kick in a kick line...maybe it was that? The teams playing were Boston College and Tennessee. Don't ask me who won. I can't even remember. lol

4) I hate to run, but I joined the track team in high school because my boyfriend was on it. (silly girl). Turns out I wasn't too bad in field events. I competed in high jump, triple jump and long jump. I broke the school record for girls' high jump at the very first track meet I'd ever been in. LOL Then I broke my own record again. I still had the record when I graduated, but I hear through the grapevine that my record was broken again shortly after I left. No surprise there, I expected that.

5) I love tomatoes, but don't like ketchup. I love oranges, but can't stand orange juice or anything orange-flavored. I like apples and apple desserts, but I don't like apple juice or anything apple flavored.

6) I would rather drink beer with the guys than go shopping with the girls. (nothing against girls, I like hangin' out with girls too, I just don't like shopping and I do like beer. lol Our friends' wives like to go shopping, so I usually end up hangin' with the guys, drinking beer.)

7) One of my favorite things in the world to do is sit around a campfire at night, talking, drinking, and if there is a guy that can play the guitar there, that's even better!

Okay, if anyone wants to be tagged, then you're it!!! Let me know if you participate :)

No comments: