Thursday, July 31, 2008

Last Few Weeks of Summer

It's hard to believe the summer is almost over. Brendan goes back to school in less than 3 weeks. I feel like summer is just getting going and there were things I had hoped to do this summer that I just don't think will happen at this point. But, we do still have some fun things coming up. Tomorrow my mom is picking up Adam and one of my nephews to take them to the Butterfly House and carousel. While he's gone, Joe, Brendan and I will be going to a baby shower for one of Joe's co-workers. It is a "family" baby shower, so men and children can go too.

Then, next Friday my mom will be picking up Brendan and my other nephew and taking them to a cool Dinosaur show and a monster exhibit, then they will stay overnight with her. The next morning I will go pick them both up and take them to Six Flags! Yes, I know I am crazy to take 2 boys (7 & 8 yrs) to Six Flags on a busy weekend in steaming hot August. But, Brendan earned his free ticket from school for reading, and I would just feel way too guilty not taking him to use it (and it is about to expire). Plus, I still enjoy amusement parks and rides too. lol

We'll still try to squeeze in some more summer family fun in the next couple weeks too, somehow.

What are you doing with your last few weeks of summer?

No comments: