Thursday, September 18, 2008

Doctor, Tooth Fairy Busted, and Christmas Planning

Yesterday the school called for us to pick up Brendan. (they couldn't get ahold of me, so Joe ended up taking care of it). He fell at recess and hit his head hard on the concrete and scraped himself up on his shoulder and arm. Poor guy. Joe was able to get him into the doctor's office, just to be sure it wasn't anything to worry about- you never know w/ head injuries. She seemed to think he was fine and told us signs to watch for. He felt pretty crummy last night, but when he got up this morning he seemed to be much better.

Also yesterday (before the fall), Brendan lost another tooth! One of the front ones, next to the other one he lost recently...just in time for school pictures next week. Guess he will have a semi-toothless grin this year.




He was excited about putting the tooth under his pillow so that he could "earn" more money. We have a system set up that he has been earning nickles for chores and when he reaches $1 he can spend it or save it to get something bigger. So he was thrilled to find 2 quarters under his pillow this morning to add to his earnings. But, shortly after that, he asked Joe if we put the money there. He said that everyone at school has been saying that the tooth fairy isn't real and that the parents leave the money. Joe told him we were sleeping too. But then we decided to go ahead and tell him he is right, when Adam isn't around. I guess it is time for him to know. I'm wondering if he will then start to wonder about Santa this year too. Guess we will find out.

Speaking of Santa, and Christmas, I saw a link from Org Junkie a couple days ago about the site 100 Days to Christmas...have you seen this? It is a site that helps take you through the steps of getting ready for the holidays starting now, so that you are not totally stressing out. I'm going to try to follow it this year, because anything I can do to make something in life more organized and less stressful would be great! Check it out if you're interested:



3 comments:

Mom2fur said...

Awww, toothless grins are just precious!
My youngest is 18, so it's been a long time since we did the 'fantasy' thing. But I babysit an 8-year-old who still believes (somewhat, but I think she's suspicious) and I have to be very careful what I say. I've slipped a few times, but so far I've been able to cover myself. I honestly think most kids have their doubts long before you tell them what's what, and they do just fine with it. After all, if there really was no Santa, kids would probably invent him anyway! Who'd want to give up that fun?
I have to tell you something funny. You know that word verification thing blogger does? The first three letters of the one for this comment are "e-l-f"!!!

Lisa @ Crazy Adventures in Parenting said...

Aww, i love toothless grins! I hope his boo boo head is ok!

Peggy said...

So sweet! I love the toothless grins too!
I told Zach EVERYTHING last year before Christmas. My parents were very upset with me about it!!! I had to do it - Zach was asking for all these expensive items and said it's not a problem because Santa "makes" them. I thought it was time for him to appreciate the value of his gifts and who spends the $$$!! Plus - now that we have 2 more and $$ is tight, he will not be getting as much. He took it VERY well and is excited to help hype up the twins all about Santa:)