Wednesday, June 28, 2006

Blah

That's how I feel today...just blah. I figure I'm already too late to post a "Wordless Wednesday", sorry for anyone that might have come looking for it.

I'm so discouraged with myself. I have so much that needs to be done, things I keep intending on doing but somehow don't ever get done. Things I plan on working on to improve myself, my house, my office, my parenting, etc, etc. How do these things always get pushed to the back burner, and for what? For the mundane every day things in life, the rushing around, the stress. I cannot seem to figure out how to make time for the important things in life...the less important daily grind somehow always wins out. Why is this? Why do I allow this? Every day I think I will do better, and next thing I know, the work day is over, the evening is gone, it's time for bed, and I'm exhausted. I fall into bed, only to re-live the same day over again the next day. I have always been a huge believer that your work should not be your life, and making time for your family and yourself and doing what you love are some of the important things in life that should be given the most attention. I still believe that, but it's the practicing what I preach type thing that is giving me trouble now. I have the best of intentions, but the days just slip away before I can put my plans into action. Days...months...years, and here I still sit with "the best of intentions".

Maybe tomorrow will be the day I figure it all out...

1 comment:

Holly said...

You know what? I am feeling the EXACT same way the past month or longer. Which, I suppose, is why I've let my previous dedication to blogging (both reading and writing) slide so much lately.

So, just to let you know... you are not alone in blahness. Some day soon, we are GOING to get our groove back!

But in the meantime, if our families and paying jobs get everything we've got in us right now, that is completely the right priorities to have.

xoxo