Tuesday, June 20, 2006

Vanilla Rock Cake?

Well, Brendan seems to be just fine about Pippin. Fine to the point that even when we were burrying him, Joe put some white ashes on him, dirt, rocks, etc and Brendan laughed and said, "Look at Pippin! He looks like a vanilla rock cake!" lol Not sure where he got that, funny how kids can turn anything around to be something funny in their minds. I'd rather that then him be broken up about it though. So, all in all I'd say the boys are going to be just fine.

On a lighter note, we had a babysitter watch the boys last night and I took Joe to see the X-Men movie as part of his father's day celebration. He's been wanting to see that. I'm not really much of a fan of that type of movie, but I must say it was better than I expected (although I didn't expect much. LOL). Joe thought it was okay, but he was a little disappointed in it. He thought they changed too much about it. Then we went out for hot wings and beer before heading home.

I'm sure looking forward to this weekend! It is our annual scrapbooking at the cabin weekend that my mom, sister, and I do every year together. It'll be nice to spend some time with them, and to have some kid-free time as well (and maybe even sleep past 6am- haven't been able to do that in a long time!) Now I need to figure out how the heck I'm going to get all my scrapbooking stuff organized and packed up by Thursday night! Yikes! I'm running out of time fast, considering I only have about a half hour of time the next 3 nights that I can do that in. And once I leave for work Friday morning, I'll be leaving straight from there! I'm excited, but I also have lots that needs to be done both at home and work before then. Speaking of which, I better get back to work!

No comments: