Tuesday, October 28, 2008

Weekend and Birthday Recap

Whew, it's been busy the last several days. Friday I went to happy hour with some co-workers, and then immediately following that we had a family bonfire party for both boys. (their birthdays are only 2 weeks apart, and we didn't want family to have to drive in twice). It was a cold and rainy day, but it did stop raining long enough for the party that night. We had hotdogs, chili, veggies, chips, and cupcakes, and then some people made s'mores and marshmallows. I think everyone had a good time, and the boys are having tons of fun playing with their new gifts.





(My boys and their cousins)





Saturday we picked up food and had swimming lessons. The rest of the weekend I worked on the basement, and Joe worked on tiling the new mudroom.



Sunday was Adam's actual birthday. We gave him a couple gifts, and had cake and icecream. I also had to go into work 2 different times during the day, and also tried to get some things done at home.

(opening his gifts in his jammies)

(Adam ready to dig in to his cake. The sore under his nose was from a fall a few days ago- he also chipped his tooth)




Unfortunately, now I'm sick with a cough and sore throat. I'm exhausted, but any time I lay down to try to get some sleep, the coughing gets worse. Ugh.

2 comments:

Peggy said...

Oh it looks like so much fun at your house! I want to come to a bon fire celebration:)

Happy Birthday Adam!
Hope you feel better, mama!

The Hoyt Family said...

Looks like a fun time.. Thats my kind of celebrating!!