Tuesday, December 13, 2005

Let's Talk Christmas CDs...


John Nilsen: A Midnight Clear
I have had this Christmas cd for many, many years. It is my favorite. Actually my Mom had it first, and I loved it so much that I bought my own copy when I moved out many years ago. It's a nice relaxing instrumental cd of Christmas music. There aren't a whole lot of instrumental cds I like, but there's just something about this one that I love.


Kidz Bop Christmas
I just bought this cd tonight at Wal-Mart for $9.97, and played it in the car for Brendan and Adam on our drive home. It's great! Very fun, upbeat cd of all the great Christmas songs that kids tend to like...Rudolph, Santa Claus is Coming to Town, Frosty, Jingle Bells, Run Rudolph Run, and more! Brendan loved it, and I have to admit I enjoyed it too! Definitely a keeper!



NOW That's What I Call Christmas
Wow, this cd has all the classics that I remember my parents playing as I was growing up, and all on the same cd! And by classics I mean they actually have the right artists singing it, not a remake. Johnny Mathis, Bing Crosby, Elvis, Nat King Cole, Beach Boys, Carpenters, and even Bruce Sprinsteen's famous version of Santa Claus is Coming to Town...mixed in with current things too. This is a 2-disk set, the whole first cd is classic stuff, the REAL Christmas music. The 2nd cd has some classics mixed with some more recent artists such as Celine Dion, Britney Spears, Luther Vandross, Boyz II Men, etc. I'm not as crazy about those, too R&B sounding for my taste. However I got this cd set for only $9.97 at Wal-Mart and the first disk and first half of the 2nd disk is so worth it. Wow!


John Berry: O Holy Night
John Berry sings the best, most powerful "O Holy Night" I've ever heard. He has a nice voice on all the songs, but "O Holy Night" is the one he especially shines on.

No comments: