Monday, December 12, 2005

Tis the Season to be BUSY

It's been several days since I've been on to write much of anything! Suddenly I was busy busy. Thursday was our 2nd snow of the winter. Unfortunately this time it was going on during the morning commute to work. There were so many accidents on the highway! I went by 4 just in a 4 mile stretch. One of the accidents happened right in front of me. Some idiot went flying by in the passing lane and just then we topped a little hill and traffic was backed up from another accident. The guy couldn't stop, he tried to go on the shoulder and then swerved back into traffic and caused a 3-car accident just two car lengths ahead of me. Luckily noone was badly injured, and all 3 cars almost immediately got over to the side so that everyone could go by. It was such an emotional drive in to work that morning. I could see all these accidents, and every few minutes all sorts of police and ambulances would go by with their lights flashing and sirens screaming. Eventually I got up to the main accident, and they let the car in front of me go on, but stopped me and the line behind me of traffic. This put me just feet away from the scene, I had a perfect up close view of the car up on it's side, and the person being pulled out on the back board. What a shame. I had tears streaming down my face for most of the drive in that morning. I felt so bad for all the people involved in all the accidents. How quickly you can just be driving along fine and then wham, life throws a curveball. Yet another reminder of how precious life is and how we should never take it for granted.

But, on a happier note, Saturday was a cookie share and potluck type gathering with the moms group I'm in. That was nice. Brendan had fun playing with the other kids, and there were even 2 other little ones that Adam kinda played with too. Food was yummy, cookies were yummy, and it was nice to get together with friends and their families. That night at home we watched Charlie and the Chocolate Factory with Brendan. We do the Blockbuster online thing, and that was one of the movies that came in the mail. It actually was pretty funny! I wasn't expecting to like it at all.

Sunday was the monthly scrapbooking crop. I actually got a few pages done! lol Again, got to visit with a few of the ladies in the moms group that also scrapbook. Then after I got home, Joe hunted for a little, and then we settled in for Sunday shows. I was so disappointed that Desperate Housewives wasn't on! But we enjoyed Grey's Anatomy as usual.

OH NO!!!! Just this instant I just realized I forgot to watch the Survivor Finale last night!!!!!!!!!!!!!! UGH!!!!!!!!!!! I can't believe I did that!!!! *sigh* SShhh...don't anyone tell me what happened...I need to see if anyone taped it! Oh man, I am just kicking myself!

*sigh*

Oh well, anyway, tonight is our date night. It was supposed to be last Monday, but we were sick, so we rescheduled with the babysitter for tonight. Last night in bed Joe asked me what we wanted to do for our date night. I said I don't know, maybe see a movie? And then I asked if he had anything in mind. He said he was kinda wanting to take me shopping. Huh?! That really surprised me since he knows I don't like shopping and I know he hates spending money! lol He laughed at my startled reaction and said he knows that I've been wanting new clothes and he wanted to get me some for Christmas, but he didn't dare pick out anything for me. Now, you have to know my husband or have heard me talk about him before to realize what a sweet gesture this was on his part! Lets just say, there have been years that he didn't get me anything for Christmas, birthdays, anniversaries, etc, etc. He's kinda hit and miss. So the fact that he is thinking about what to get me for Christmas and it's still 2 weeks before is a huge thing! lol So, we're thinking we might just grab something kinda quick for dinner (Chinese buffet?) and go shopping for some clothes tonight. Like I said, I don't like shopping, but I am in such terrible need of clothes that I will gladly go this time.

This whole week looks to be busy, we have places to go several nights this week after work, and then we're celebrating Christmas at my mom's on Sunday, so I better get a move on finishing up Christmas shopping too! Tis the season!

No comments: