Thursday, May 15, 2008

"Mini Vacation" This Weekend

Well the boys have been counting down the days and very excited about our weekend "mini vacation" that we leave for tomorrow. We received a voucher for a free weekend stay last summer, and we are using it this weekend. Tonight Brendan has a Cub Scout meeting, then we will drive down (about a 3-1/2 hour drive I think?) after work Friday. We're planning to take the boys to the amusement park that Joe and I went to without the boys last October on our 10-year anniversary trip. Every night at closing time they do a fireworks & laser light show. We thought the boys would enjoy that so we're taking them there. (and I was able to purchase discounted tickets through my work too). The boys are super excited. They have only stayed in a hotel room one other time, and they had so much fun (but getting them to sleep was not easy!). They thought it was so cool that there were channels on tv in the hotel room that had cartoons all day long! We don't have cable or dish or anything at home, so this was new to them.

As always, I'm looking forward to getting away for a couple days. I just love to go places, even when it is mostly kid-oriented.

And just out of pure curiosity after seeing this on Karen's blog, I decided to take the quiz too since I don't think of myself as political at all. I really don't even know what I would be considered or where I stand on some political issues. So, I was curious to see what my results would be, and here they are...




Your Political Profile:



Overall: 55% Conservative, 45% Liberal



Social Issues: 25% Conservative, 75% Liberal



Personal Responsibility: 50% Conservative, 50% Liberal



Fiscal Issues: 75% Conservative, 25% Liberal



Ethics: 25% Conservative, 75% Liberal



Defense and Crime: 100% Conservative, 0% Liberal

3 comments:

Unknown said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Carolyn F said...

I took the poll! Have fun on your mini-vacation!

Peggy said...

Hope you had a great time! How was it? Can't wait to see pics:)