Friday, November 11, 2005

Christmas shopping (ugh!)

Yes, it's that's time again. Every year as far back as I can remember, the ladies on my mom's side of the family have gotten together one Saturday in November for the annual Christmas shopping trip. Tomorrow is the day. So, tomorrow me, my sister, my mom, my aunt, my cousin, and my grandma will get together at the mall. Usually we end up going to the city my mom lives in, but this year we're actually going right here in my town. (That helps, because Joe will be hunting seeing as it is opening day of deer season, and there's no way we would have been able to go out of town and miss that! lol) So, I *am* very much looking forward to seeing the relatives and eating lunch & dinner out with them...it's the shopping part I'm not looking forward to. I am not crazy about shopping. The appeal of wandering around for hours around a crowded mall looking for things to spend money on is lost on me. Actually, there are many "stereotypical female" type things that are lost on me, but I won't get sidetracked on that right now. For me, if I need to buy something, I want to go quickly, go in, get it, pay, and leave. That's it. Online shopping is my favorite. I can just sit down for a few minutes and get 3/4 of my Christmas shopping done in just a few minutes and few clicks. Then lo & behold several days later boxes are delivered to my door and, viola! Shopping done. See, now wasn't that easier? But alas, once a year I give in and go shopping for hours on end in the name of family tradition. Wish me luck tomorrow. LOL Seriously though, I *am* looking forward to seeing my relatives, no matter what we're doing, so for that reason I will enjoy it.

1 comment:

Carolyn F said...

Have fun!!! And take a picture of the group who shops!