Tuesday, November 22, 2005

First "Bad Word"

Brendan said his first "bad word" the other day. I honestly am very surprised that he made it to age 5 before it happened. Sure, he says words like poop and butt and booty and things he thinks are funny bad words, but I don't consider those as swearing or cussing (whatever word you use where you're from). The other day I was in the kitchen, Brendan was playing nearby and talking away to himself/his toys as he often does. All the sudden I hear him gasp and say "What the hell is that?" while he's playing. He said it so naturally that I almost didn't think twice. I looked at him and said, "what did you say?". He looked up and said "nothing". I didn't want to make a big deal out of it, because then he might say it more to get a reaction out of me, but I also didn't want to just let him say it. So I told him, "Brendan, you can say what the heck is that, but please don't say hell...that's not a nice word." So he went back to playing and talking to himself and continued on his play-scenario, picking up with "what the heck is that?". The next day I was telling Joe about it, and I didn't know Brendan was listening. Part way through the story, Brendan chimed in "Yeah Daddy, we say what the heck is that, not hell. Heck, not hell". lol

So anyway, since I seem to be on a posting-spree today I think I'll add my happiness report now, so I don't have 4 posts in the same day!

5 Things to be Happy About Today
1. I got a new hairdryer (mine started shooting sparks out the cord yesterday!)
2. I actually got to work EARLY today! Usually I'm about 10-15 minutes late, and today I was 10 minutes early!
3. Today and yesterday flew by fast at work!
4. Good shows on tv tonight (Biggest Loser, My Name is Earl, etc)
5. Tomorrow is the end of the short work week!

No comments: